Valtrex is one of the most popular antiviral drugs today. It is prescribed to adults and children over two years of age to treat or prevent such viral diseases, as herpes or chicken pox.
Valtrex has a high efficacy in the treatment or prevention of recurrence of simple, genital or herpes zoster. Valtrex treatment reduces the likelihood of cytomegalovirus transmission to adults, who suffer from disorders of the immune system.
- Valtrex was approved for sale in 1995, and was widely recognized by virologists and dermatologists.
- As for today, Valtrex is only sold in the form of film-coated tablets.
- Each original Valtrex tablet contains 250 mg, 500 mg or 1000 mg of the active pharmaceutical ingredient Valaciclovir.
This antiviral drug is a prescription medicine, yet you can buy Valtrex without a prescription online. In addition, some online pharmacies let you order free delivery for Valtrex directly to your office or home door.
Valtrex helps to quickly get rid of herpes and reduce the risk of its reappearance. The action mechanism of Valtrex lies in reducing the DNA synthesis of the virus, thereby inhibiting its ability to reproduce or spread.
To let Valtrex exert a maximum antiviral effect and help you quickly get rid of herpes follow the recommendations for its use. Daily doses of Valtrex may vary, depending on the type and intensity of the viral disease:
- For the treatment of herpes simplex – 4000 mg, divided into two intakes.
- To prevent recurrence of herpesvirus infection – 1000 mg of Valtrex, for three days.
- For the treatment of genital herpes in adults – 1000 mg twice a day, for 10 days.
- In herpes zoster, 3000 mg of Valtrex in three separate doses during a week.
An adequate daily dose of Valtrex for the treatment of varicella in children aged 2 to 18 years is 60 mg/kg, divided into three uses. Children are not recommended to take more than 1000 mg of Valtrex per day.
To ease the administration of Valterx for children, parents can prepare an oral suspension on their own. To do this, grind several Valtrex tablets, and mix them with a suspension structured vehicle (SSV).
You can add flavor to give the oral suspension Valtrex a pleasant taste and smell. You can find out more about the preparation of an oral suspension for children from a consultant, when you will be buying Valtrex at a pharmacy or online.
Valtrex has a high safety profile, yet it does have contraindications and can cause some side reactions:
- Contraindication to the use of this antiviral agent is a known hypersensitivity to one or more of its components.
- Valtrex can cause such dose-depended adverse reactions, like nausea, cramps, abdominal pain, severe emotional arousal, or headache.
- The use of Valtrex in high doses is not recommended for geriatric patients, patients with impaired CNS function or kidney diseases.
If you have any additional questions about the use of this antiviral drug, ask them to the pharmacy technician while proceeding with Valtrex purchase. Start treatment of herpes today – buy Valtrex tablets in an online pharmacy right now.
Medicare, Medicaid and other health insurance plans cover the cost of Valtrex partially or completely. Thus, if you have an insurance, you can get Valtrex for free, or buy it at a lower cost, than patients without a health insurance.
The manufacturer and distributor of Valtrex is GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). Valtrex tablets are supplied to the Australian pharmaceutical market by Arrow Company.
If you have a known allergy to one of the auxiliary ingredients of this antiviral drug, you can purchase one of Valtrex generics as an alternative, e.g.: Virval, Talavir, Valherpes or Zelitrex.