Strattera is an effective drug for the pharmacotherapy of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Patients can buy Strattera to use it to relieve the symptoms of ADHD and comorbid disorders (depression, enuresis) in children and adults.
Strattera is one of the most sold drugs for the treatment of ADHD. The reason for the high popularity is that:
- This drug is highly effective;
- The clinical effect of Strattera is achieved from the first days of its use;
- This drug promotes self-esteem and social adaptation after the end of therapy;
- Strattera mitigates the symptoms of hyperactivity-associated diseases, such as destructive behavior, tics, and anxiety disorders.
Strattera acts on the noradrenergic system of the brain, and thus contributes to an effective relief of ADHD symptoms. Strattera provides a more favorable impact over the cognitive functions, than psychostimulants from other pharmacological groups.
Strattera is a central-action sympathomimetic and a cerebral metabolic activator. Strattera contains the active ingredient Atomoxetine, which:
- Improves cognitive functions (attention, memorization, speed of thinking)
- Reduces impulsivity and alleviates symptoms of anxiety and agitation.
Strattera is prescribed only when cognitive and behavioral disorders can not be overcome with the help of non-drug therapies for ADHD – psychotherapy, behavior correction and others.
The manufacturer of Strattera is Eli Lilly. This drug for alleviating the ADHD symptoms and comorbid disorders is available in two dosage forms.
- Oral solution of 4 mg/ml;
- Hard capsules of 10 mg, 18 mg, 25 mg, 40 mg, 60 mg, 80 mg and 100 mg.
Both medicinal forms of Strattera can be found in the city pharmacy chains or ordered in online pharmacies. To buy Strattera in a regular pharmacy, you need a medical prescription from a psychiatrist or a psychologist with a confirmed diagnosis of ADHD. To not waste time on a medical examination and getting a prescription, patients can buy Strattera online.
Oral solution should be used in children, who have trouble swallowing. To facilitate dosing of the solution, the package with the sympathomimetics contains a special syringe. Dosages of Strattera oral solution and Strattera capsules are no different from each other.
Dosing regimen for children and adolescents with a body weight of
- less than 70 kg: the initial daily dose is 0.5 mg per kilogram of weight with a possible dose increase to 1.2 mg/kg after 3 days;
- more than 70 kg: the initial daily dose is 40 mg, with a possible dose increase up to 80 mg – after 3 days, and up to 120 mg – after 4 weeks.
During the period of ADHD therapy, the attending physician should regularly evaluate the appropriateness of further sympathomimetic use. The total duration of Strattera treatment should not exceed 2 years.
Advantages of Strattera:
- improves the parameters of psychosocial activity
- does not require a gradual dose reduction at the end of therapy
- does not provide an adverse effect over the cardiac activity
- lack of cholinergic effect (contraction of the muscles of the trachea and bronchi, narrowing of the blood vessels, etc.)
The manufacturer of this drug for the ADHD treatment, Eli Lilly Company, provides a unique opportunity to buy Strattera at a discount. Using the Savings Card, any patient without a health insurance can buy Strattera at a low price for one year.
The manufacturer sells Strattera at a discount only in North America. At the same time, this drug for the treatment of ADHD is not available for sale in many countries. Therefore, the residents of these countries are forced to order Strattera online from USA or Canada.
In May 2017, the term of patent protection for Strattera expires. Thus, the pharmaceutical companies that already obtained a preliminary FDA approval for Strattera generics will start selling them in the USA until the end of 2017. The list of licensed US suppliers of Strattera contains several pharmaceutical companies, including Actavis, Teva, Glenmark and others.