Having occupied one of the leading places in the therapy of various acid-dependent diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, Nexium continues strengthening its position in the pharmaceutical market. Patients buy Nexium to permanently get rid of gastrointestinal disorders, including such serious as erosive esophagitis, in 1 to 2 months.
The efficacy of Nexium in the antisecretory therapy of gastrointestinal diseases is due to:
- rapid reduction of gastric acidity and prevention of heartburn;
- the possibility of using it to prevent any form of heartburn;
- absence of serious side effects in patients of all age groups.
In combination with antibiotic therapy, Nexium can be used to eliminate H. Pylori, a microorganism that promotes the progression of a stomach ulcer. For a successful treatment of acid-dependent diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, patients can use one of three medicinal forms of Nexium:
- capsules with sustained release of 40 mg
- solution for intravenous injection/infusion of 20 mg and 40 mg
- granules for the preparation of an oral suspension of 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg
To get the medicine in a regular pharmacy, patients need a prescription of the attending physician. Yet, you can find non-prescription tablets and capsules Nexium, which contain 20 mg of the active substance Esomeprazole. In addition, if patients have no prescription, they can buy Nexium online.
Nexium is taken in the following dosages:
- for the elimination of H. Pylori: 40 mg per day once, for 10 days;
- for normalization of gastric acidity and prevention of gastrointestinal complications that can be caused by the use of NSAID: 20 mg to 40 mg once a day, for 1-2 months.
Nexium 20 mg tablets and capsules can be used to stop episodic heartburn attacks. To prevent stomach acidity in the morning, take one tablet/capsule. The duration of treatment with OTC Nexium should not exceed 2 weeks, and the treatment course can be held every 4 months.
Patients can take the medicine not only during exacerbations of gastrointestinal disorders. They can buy Nexium to use it for prophylaxis, treatment and recurrence prevention of many gastrointestinal tract diseases.
Advantages of Nexium use:
- the production of hydrochloric acid is reduced by 90% during the first 5 days of use;
- gastric acidity is normalized in all patients, regardless of individual characteristics;
- more powerful antisecretory effect than other drugs that are used to normalize the stomach acidity;
- can be used for on-demand therapy in patients with rare symptoms of damage to the intestinal mucosa.
Nexium belongs to the last, fifth generation of drugs from the group of proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), and is the first trademark of Esomeprazole. The agent for normalizing acidity in the stomach was developed by the pharmaceutical company AstraZeneca.
The goal of Nexium creation was to improve the pharmacodynamic characteristics of another PPI – Omeprazole. The development of a new drug was completed in the mid-1990s, and since 2000, Nexium has been used in clinical practice for antisecretory therapy of gastrointestinal disorders.
In 2011, the patent protection period of Nexium expired. Numerous pharmaceutical companies began to produce the medicine under their own non-proprietary name and register their own Esomeprazole trademarks.
At present, patent protection for Nexium is valid only in Japan. In other countries of the world, pharmaceutical companies have to compete for the right to profit from the sales of Nexium and its generics.
Despite the loss of Nexium patent protection, AstraZeneca continues to profit from the sale of the drug. The total sales volume of the drug in worldwide for 2016 amounted to $ 2,032 million. Regular and licensed online pharmacies in many countries of the world offer to buy Nexium or its generics. All patients who have problems with the digestive system may take the medicine.