Accutane is used to treat severe acne forms, such as nodular-cystic and acne that leave scars, which do not respond to treatment with locally acting drugs (creams, ointments, lotions, etc.).
For more than 35 years, patients with severe skin diseases have the opportunity to buy Accutane to use it for systemic acne treatment. The medicine affects all etiological components of the disease:
- inhibits the activity of the sebaceous glands and reduces sebum formation;
- opens the clogged ducts of the sebaceous glands and reduces their cornification;
- reduces inflammation, kills bacteria and microorganisms that live in the sebaceous glands.
The release form of Accutane is soft gelatin capsules, which can contain 10 mg, 20 mg or 40 mg of the active ingredient Isotretinoin. According to the body weight, the dosage of the drug is selected individually for each patient, and varies from 0.5 mg to 1 mg per kilogram of body weight.
Accutane capsules should be taken whole, twice a day. Since Isotretinoin is a fat-soluble element, the degree of its absorption and entry into the blood depends on the lipids in the lumen of the intestine.
Therefore, Accutane must be taken during a meal, which has the greatest fat content, to achieve a maximum therapeutic effect and for a better intestinal bioavailability.
In 4-5 months of drug use, the total number of acne and scars reduces by more than 70%. A distinctive feature of Accutane use of is that acne doesn’t re-appear after the therapy termination, in contrast to all external preparations, which act only during their application. A second course of Accutane therapy is prescribed only in very rare cases.
Important advantages of Accutane against external preparations are:
- decrease in the size of the sebaceous glands;
- absence of inflammation and hypersensitivity reactions on the skin;
- the ability to rapidly reduce sebum excretion and keep it at a low level for a long time (several months and even years) after the drug withdrawal.
Although you can buy Accutane without a prescription in online pharmacies, you should consult your doctor before you start using this medication. During the individual consultation, the dermatologist will prescribe the drug and select the dose, required for the acne treatment. If patient has no hepatic disorders, he can start using Accutane.
What you need to know before you start using Accutane:
- women should avoid getting pregnant before the beginning of treatment, while taking the medicine and 4-5 weeks after the end of therapy;
- men can lead a full sexual life, since Accutane does not affect the formation and the amount of sperm.
Accutane efficacy and safety is confirmed by clinical studies and positive feedbacks about this drug on web forums and online pharmacy websites. Prior to buying Accutane online, every visitor to an online pharmacy can find out all the information about this medicine, incl. from reviews of people, who have successfully used this drug for the treatment of skin diseases.
Accutane is the first Isotretinoin-based drug. This medicine was developed in 1971 by Hoffmann-La Roche (Roche Pharmaceuticals). Initially, it was suggested that Isotretinoin would be effective in treating skin cancer. However, during the course of clinical trials, Isotretinoin was proven to be effective in the treatment of acne.
In 1982, the drug was approved by the FDA for the treatment of severe forms of acne. Since then, Accutane was prescribed to patients, which are not susceptible to local treatment of skin diseases.
The patent protection term for Accutane drug expired in 2002. Therefore, you can find inexpensive generic versions of this drug available for sale today. Eventually, from July 29, 2009, Roche discontinued the release of Accutane in the USA and several other countries due to a sharp drop in sales.
At present, only residents of Canada and some other countries in the world can find Accutane in regular pharmacies. Although the drug is no longer sold in the USA, Americans have two options to buy Accutane:
- order these capsules for acne treatment online.
- find cheap Accutane generics in the nearest pharmacy.
Accutane generics are sold under different brands, such as Myorisan, Absorica, Zenatane, Amnesteem or Claravis.